Monday, June 14, 2010

Almost There

Just finished my very last final, which means that soon I'll be walking home from the JCU campus for the last time.

It's strange to be packing up and leaving forever after four months. Very strange. Of course, mostly what I'm thinking about is the flight and how happy I'm going to be to be home.

I've heard that things like blogs and facebook and email keep people from having the real study abroad experience, but I don't think I'd have made any more friends or spent any less time being homesick without the internet. Maybe I'm defective in general.

Anyway, my day trip/spontaneous adventure plans for the past two weeks fell through, since I had a paper to write and tests to study for, and there weren't any good day tours available to places I hadn't been already.

After my exam on Saturday, my friend from the Whitsundays and I and her roommates all went downtown and got ice cream and sat on the beach for a while. The water's much colder, but it's no longer jelly fish season, so swimming's safer!

Other than that, life has been pretty uninteresting. I'm glad exams are over, though.

Tomorrow I leave for a 4-day trip to Mission Beach! I get back Sunday afternoon, so I'm going to pack, hopefully do a quick blog about Mission Beach, and prepare for the trip home.

Monday evening I fly to Brisbane (for the most uncomfortable birthday night ever!) and then Tuesday morning I fly to LAX. Less than a week. Pretty mind-blowing.

Aussie Slang That I Keep Forgetting To Mention:
-They pronounce fillet (as in, chicken fillet) "fil-LET" instead of "fil-LAY".
-"Swot-up" means study (as in, things to swot-up on for the exam would be areas to focus on when you're studying... like cramming, I guess.)
I can't remember the others... so clearly they're aptly named.

No comments:

Post a Comment